close
Powered By Saaraan
Car Shows 2009 Tichigan Lions Car Show

Tichigan Lions Car Show lordairgtar Hot

http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/media/reviews/photos/thumbnail/300x300s/09/08/c8/rate_the_show_default8880.jpg
Written by lordairgtar     August 31, 2009    

3.7 (2)
4349   0   1   0

Rate The Show

Date of Show
August 30, 2009

Very good show. Over 350 cars at this event. Participant voting, but when you register you get a ballot with only two classes (not your own) and Best Of Show. That makes it hard to politic some votes. Food was good and they ran out around 2PM. Cars are parked on paved area and grass. There was a very big hill with a couple of Monster type trucks at the top and the kids had fun climbing up the hill and rolling down. Luckily, the info sheet about the trucks were at the bottom of the hill so us old farts did not have to climb it. Raffle prize was a SBC which was started up a few times during the show. They had silent auction and the usual arts and craft type vendors along with some automotive supply dealers and a die cast seller.

User reviews

Average user rating from: 2 user(s)

Already have an account? or Create an account
Overall rating 

Easy to Find & Leave 

4.0  (2)
Parking Location 

3.5  (2)
Class Organization 

3.5  (2)
Trophies & Prizes 

3.5  (2)
Food 

4.0  (2)
Entertainment 

3.5  (2)
Judging 

3.5  (2)
Dash Plaque 

4.0  (2)
Variety of Cars 

4.0  (2)
Bathrooms 

3.5  (2)
Weather 

3.5  (2)
Trophy Presentation Timing 

4.5  (2)
Entry Fee 

3.5  (2)
This is the second time I've been to this show and it does not disappoint. Awesome selection of cars. A Hupp Skylark was there (based on Cord body dies), an 80s Rolls in lipstick red. An Amphicar (we seem to have quite a few of these around here) and a great selection of various types of cars. Food was good and they had soda in actual cans (I really hate the plastic cups at car shows) DJ Donny Kasper did an admirable job and even played some newer stuff (if you can call the 80s new). The cool thing about don is that he has his DJ rig in a trailer that serves as a booth and it's pulled by his custom 53 Ford wagon. I cannot wait for next year.
Overall rating 

Easy to Find & Leave 

Parking Location 

Class Organization 

Trophies & Prizes 

Food 

Entertainment 

Judging 

Dash Plaque 

Variety of Cars 

Bathrooms 

Weather 

Entry Fee 

lordairgtar Reviewed by lordairgtar August 31, 2009
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (10)

This is the second time I've been to this show and it does not disappoint. Awesome selection of cars. A Hupp Skylark was there (based on Cord body dies), an 80s Rolls in lipstick red. An Amphicar (we seem to have quite a few of these around here) and a great selection of various types of cars. Food was good and they had soda in actual cans (I really hate the plastic cups at car shows) DJ Donny Kasper did an admirable job and even played some newer stuff (if you can call the 80s new). The cool thing about don is that he has his DJ rig in a trailer that serves as a booth and it's pulled by his custom 53 Ford wagon. I cannot wait for next year.

Specific Comments (optional)

Parking Location
Close by
Class Organization
Comprehensive selection.
Trophies & Prizes
Usual trophies, door prizes.
Food
Grilled meat by the Lions club
Entertainment
Rock N Roll Express DJ Service with Donny Kasper
Judging
participant voting
Dash Plaque
Very nice plaque with last years BOS winner
Variety of Cars
Everything from a Hupp Skylark, Rolls Royce to a Thames Panel Truck and an Amphicar and the usual muscle, classics, tuner, foreign, trucks and cycles...everthing you could want.
Bathrooms
Some PP and the park building real toilet.
Weather
Sunny, high 70s
On time
Entry Fee
$10