Bathrooms 

3.3  (4)
Weather 

4.3  (4)
Trophy Presentation Timing 

4.3  (3)
Entry Fee 

4.0  (4)
We have participated in this car show for many years, at one time the car show and fest were held together, the last two years it was not. Last year they offered a bus shuttle to pumpkinfest in the industrial park,this year they did not. There seems to be conflict between the organizers of pumpkinfest and the car club. We did go to pumpkinfest, friends of ours offered us a ride. The fest itself seems to be turning into an open flea market. We liked the old pumpkinfest and will think twice about attending in the future. The real loosers of this conflict is the car club, for what they had to work with and timing they did a very good job.
Overall rating 

Easy to Find & Leave 

Parking Location 

Class Organization 

Trophies and Prizes 

Food 

Entertainment 

Judging 

Dash Plaque 

Variety of Cars 

Bathrooms 

Weather 

Entry Fee 

Reviewed by Charles lang October 08, 2011

Nekoosa pumpkinfest car show

We have participated in this car show for many years, at one time the car show and fest were held together, the last two years it was not. Last year they offered a bus shuttle to pumpkinfest in the industrial park,this year they did not. There seems to be conflict between the organizers of pumpkinfest and the car club. We did go to pumpkinfest, friends of ours offered us a ride. The fest itself seems to be turning into an open flea market. We liked the old pumpkinfest and will think twice about attending in the future. The real loosers of this conflict is the car club, for what they had to work with and timing they did a very good job.

Specific Comments (optional)

Weather
Let's see... somewhere along the way this summer we received a flyer for the Nekoosa Pumpkin Fest and thought we'd take the 2 hour drive up north to check it out. Upon arriving in town, we notice the flyer seems to be wrong as the show is not held in the park advertised, but a park across town?

The park was nice, and the club seemed very appreciative of everyone that attended, but this is one screwed up town/show.. Pumpkin Fest was held in another park in a totally different part of town, you had to pay $5 parking and then $3/person to get into the festival, for what, I'm not sure. I guess the events were held together in the past (as advertised on the flyer), but the festival is getting quite greedy and wants the club to start helping out (paying them $$$) to be part of Pumpkin Fest. I felt bad for the show because they've held this event for years, and I know people were not happy that 99.9% of the stuff advertised on the flyer wasn't there. It's not their fault the city decided to rip up the park they've used in the past a month before the show, there is an obvious lack of communication going on.

I'm crossing this one off my list of shows to attend next year.
Overall rating 

Easy to Find & Leave 

Parking Location 

Class Organization 

N/A
Trophies and Prizes 

Food 

N/A
Entertainment 

Judging 

Dash Plaque 

Variety of Cars 

Bathrooms 

Weather 

Entry Fee 

circletrack Reviewed by circletrack October 04, 2011
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (38)

Pumpkin Fest

Let's see... somewhere along the way this summer we received a flyer for the Nekoosa Pumpkin Fest and thought we'd take the 2 hour drive up north to check it out. Upon arriving in town, we notice the flyer seems to be wrong as the show is not held in the park advertised, but a park across town?

The park was nice, and the club seemed very appreciative of everyone that attended, but this is one screwed up town/show.. Pumpkin Fest was held in another park in a totally different part of town, you had to pay $5 parking and then $3/person to get into the festival, for what, I'm not sure. I guess the events were held together in the past (as advertised on the flyer), but the festival is getting quite greedy and wants the club to start helping out (paying them $$$) to be part of Pumpkin Fest. I felt bad for the show because they've held this event for years, and I know people were not happy that 99.9% of the stuff advertised on the flyer wasn't there. It's not their fault the city decided to rip up the park they've used in the past a month before the show, there is an obvious lack of communication going on.

I'm crossing this one off my list of shows to attend next year.

Parking Location
Nice grassy, shaded park near the water
Class Organization
None
Trophies & Prizes
We won a 12 pack of orange soda... no idea what the other door prizes were. They gave away little pumpkin awards and lots of tools, different!
Food
Didn't have any
Entertainment
DJ that played the same music all day long, some really old stuff.. this is 2011, correct?
Judging
Participant judging, if you were from the area, life was good!
Dash Plaque
Got one!
Variety of Cars
Good, several I've never seen before
Bathrooms
A few here and there, not sure what people eat up in the northwoods, but it was nasty!
Weather
Downright COLD in the morning and nice and sunny by afternoon
Right on time, enough said
Entry Fee
$5!
I have not been there in a few years, but they always had the pumpkin fest and car show together. Appeared to be a real mess this year. Car show was near the river, nice location pumpkin fest, and craft show were somewhere downtown. Looks like the organizers of these two events need to sit down and smoke the peace pipe. Because neither one wants to give in. I enjoyed attending in the past because when they were together it was a great event. Now I have put this show on my list of never attending again. Like any small town participant voting show if all your friends show up you will win. They had really nice door prizes but once again all the winners appeared to be from Nekoosa or Rapids. I have tested my theory in the past at small town car shows, if you put the name of the town your in on your window card. You can do quite well..I behaved this time, and didn't do that...
Overall rating 

Easy to Find & Leave 

Parking Location 

Class Organization 

Trophies and Prizes 

Food 

Entertainment 

Judging 

Dash Plaque 

Variety of Cars 

Bathrooms 

Weather 

Entry Fee 

Xman Reviewed by Xman October 04, 2011
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (28)

Nekoosa Pumpkin Fest Car Show

I have not been there in a few years, but they always had the pumpkin fest and car show together. Appeared to be a real mess this year. Car show was near the river, nice location pumpkin fest, and craft show were somewhere downtown. Looks like the organizers of these two events need to sit down and smoke the peace pipe. Because neither one wants to give in. I enjoyed attending in the past because when they were together it was a great event. Now I have put this show on my list of never attending again. Like any small town participant voting show if all your friends show up you will win. They had really nice door prizes but once again all the winners appeared to be from Nekoosa or Rapids. I have tested my theory in the past at small town car shows, if you put the name of the town your in on your window card. You can do quite well..I behaved this time, and didn't do that...

Parking Location
Good, lots of shade
Food
Saw they had some, didn't eat there.
Entertainment
DJ, play oldies..some were really old..
Judging
Participant
Dash Plaque
got one
Variety of Cars