close
Powered By Saaraan

Car Shows 2012 31st Custom Street Car Club Show, Kiel, WI

31st Custom Street Car Club Show, Kiel, WI Blue55Chevy Hot

http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/media/reviews/photos/thumbnail/300x300s/d7/65/e4/1843_0819121058_1345428147.jpg
Written by Blue55Chevy     August 19, 2012    

3.9 (1)
1164   0   113   0

Rate The Show

Date of Show
August 19, 2012

31st annual event held in Kiel City Park in the center of town.

User reviews

Average user rating from: 1 user(s)

Already have an account? or Create an account
Overall rating 

Easy to Find & Leave 

4.0  (1)
Parking Location 

3.0  (1)
Class Organization 

3.0  (1)
Trophies and Prizes 

4.0  (1)
Food 

3.0  (1)
Entertainment 

4.0  (1)
Judging 

5.0  (1)
Dash Plaque 

3.0  (1)
Variety of Cars 

4.0  (1)
Bathrooms 

3.0  (1)
Weather 

5.0  (1)
Trophy Presentation Timing 

5.0  (1)
Entry Fee 

5.0  (1)
This was our 3rd time to this show 120 miles round trip. We got there early enough to snag a spot on the tree lined perimeter of the park which quickly filled in. The quality of the cars was very high, which is shown in the photos.

It was a beautiful sunny day in the lower 70’s, a little cool in the morning. Registration went quick and flawless. They put a colored dot on your window card & also the judges sheet. This allowed the judges to easily find there assigned class vehicles. Upon completion of the judging, the judges put another dot on the window card to let the owner know that the vehicle has been judged. This being the 31st annual show, there system is refined and the entire show went on flawlessly.

I got the car cleaned, and my wife went for coffee and doughnuts.

Judging was handled by teams of two. Each team member separately scored your car and then they compared/averaged the score. I observed both judges from different teams thoroughly inspecting vehicles, including wheel wells and under carriage.

Dr. Rock played tunes all day and was the MC at the awards presentation. This was his 29th year at this show. The music was great, but not to loud to interfere with conversation. Small satellite speakers on stands were randomly positioned in different areas of the park.

Awards went flawlessly. The park has a small amphitheater in it. This allows everyone to be seated, see and hear the awards presentation. This is one of the best facilities for the awards presentation at a show that I have attended.

Saw some old friends and made some new. Talked to a lot of car people on a beautiful Wisconsin day. That's what it's all about, for me.

We had a good time and will be back. Hope to see you at a car show soon.
Overall rating 

Easy to Find & Leave 

Parking Location 

Class Organization 

Trophies and Prizes 

Food 

Entertainment 

Judging 

Dash Plaque 

Variety of Cars 

Bathrooms 

Weather 

Entry Fee 

Blue55Chevy Reviewed by Blue55Chevy August 19, 2012
Last updated: June 17, 2014
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (79)

31st Custom Street Car Club Show, Kiel, WI

This was our 3rd time to this show 120 miles round trip. We got there early enough to snag a spot on the tree lined perimeter of the park which quickly filled in. The quality of the cars was very high, which is shown in the photos.

It was a beautiful sunny day in the lower 70’s, a little cool in the morning. Registration went quick and flawless. They put a colored dot on your window card & also the judges sheet. This allowed the judges to easily find there assigned class vehicles. Upon completion of the judging, the judges put another dot on the window card to let the owner know that the vehicle has been judged. This being the 31st annual show, there system is refined and the entire show went on flawlessly.

I got the car cleaned, and my wife went for coffee and doughnuts.

Judging was handled by teams of two. Each team member separately scored your car and then they compared/averaged the score. I observed both judges from different teams thoroughly inspecting vehicles, including wheel wells and under carriage.

Dr. Rock played tunes all day and was the MC at the awards presentation. This was his 29th year at this show. The music was great, but not to loud to interfere with conversation. Small satellite speakers on stands were randomly positioned in different areas of the park.

Awards went flawlessly. The park has a small amphitheater in it. This allows everyone to be seated, see and hear the awards presentation. This is one of the best facilities for the awards presentation at a show that I have attended.

Saw some old friends and made some new. Talked to a lot of car people on a beautiful Wisconsin day. That's what it's all about, for me.

We had a good time and will be back. Hope to see you at a car show soon.

Specific Comments (optional)

Parking Location
Grass and pavement. Shade for early cars.
Class Organization
25 classes one of which is motorcycle. Some covered a lot of years and the promoters might want to think about breaking them up.
Trophies & Prizes
Nice 2 column trophies, 3 best of class and 4 in large classes
Food
Bratts & burgers. 4$ for a double bratt
Entertainment
Dr. Rock good tunes without a lot of talk.
Judging
Concourse judged by 2 person team.
Dash Plaque
got one with rounded corners
Variety of Cars
Excellent quality & variety for size of show. (aprox 165 cars)
Bathrooms
Indoor, nice and clean, no lines
Weather
73 degrees and sunny. A beautiful day.
right on time
Entry Fee
$10 for concourse judged show. What it should be.